London RCE’s ESD London Conference 2014: Call for Papers
Posted November 11, 2013on:
Papers are invited for the forthcoming conference Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) London: Supporting employability, society and the environment: a curriculum for sustainability, which will be held at London South Bank University on 10 June 2014. This will be the first Annual Conference of the London Regional Centre of Expertise (RCE) on ESD, organised in partnership with 4 All of Us, a social enterprise event organization.
Bringing together educationalists, NGOs and employers, the conference aims to develop a London wide community of practice, with a view of inspiring and engaging the participants in promoting a sustainable future for all. It will comprise keynotes, panel Q&A, paper presentations, industry sessions, workshops and networking opportunities.
Three speakers have already confirmed attendance:
- Jane Davidson, Director INSPIRE (Institute for Sustainability Practice, Innovation and Resource Effectiveness), University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Professor Stephen Sterling, Head of Education for Sustainable Development, Plymouth University
- Professor Daniella Tilbury, Director (Sustainability), University of Gloucestershire, and Chair UNESCO Expert Group on UN Decade in ESD
Two types of papers are welcome for submission:
- Shared practice papers, which will outline and reflect on examples of course development and practice in individual subject areas or across disciplines
- Issue based papers, which will examine a key issue of our times (e.g. climate change, war and conflict, social justice) in relation sustainable development and critically examine the implications for course development and curriculum
Requirements and key dates:
- Abstracts (maximum 250 words) by 15 January 2014
- Final draft (maximum 3500 words) by 15 April 2014
Papers will be eligible for consideration for a specialist edition of the journal Local Economy.
The London RCE on ESD is part of the UN University’s global RCE network, comprising 117 worldwide (as in November 2013).
ESD London Conference website: http://www.esdlondon.co.uk/
London RCE on ESD:
Main website http://www.londonrce.kk5.org/
News website https://londonrcenews.wordpress.com/
UN University website:
Regional Centres of Expertise (RCEs) http://www.ias.unu.edu/sub_page.aspx?catID=1849&ddlID=183
4 All of Us: http://www.4allofus.org.uk/
Local Economy journal: http://www.uk.sagepub.com/journals/Journal202011